Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day Jitters

Yohan's in pre-school! Today was day 1. Mamma and son trooped off to a nearby preschool at 8:45 am, with diapers, sippy cup and a change of clothes. Both child and parent were having first day jitters. As soon as we drove into the parking lot, Yohan started whining and when we walked into the quiet classroom he burst into tears. Thankfully, Fiji the class fish distracted the little guy. Dada was holding fort at home with Mika, so mamma couldn't stay for too long and there was a quick farewell which involved more tears and the hand-off to Teacher Martha. Thankfully (totally a God thing) he calmed down in less than five seconds and I could hear him talking to his teacher quite happily while I eavesdropped in the corridor. It felt weird driving off - first time I wouldn't be in the same building while he was in a child-care situation.

Two hours later, I was second in a line of anxious parents of pre-schoolers peeking through the window, waiting for their offspring. He was grinning while they sang "Five Little Monkeys". Awesome!

It's only going to be one day a week for 2.5 hours, but our little chap is growing up. Time for mommy to whine!

(embedded slideshow)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Susan!! Tis a big achievement :)