Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kids and Chaos in California

It's been a week since our trip to CA to see our new baby cousin Jonathan and generally chill with family. Ummm... did I say chill?? What was I thinking? It's taken me a week to recover from the week of three hyper boys and their toys, one sweet newborn who screamed bloody murder at times and one wobbler girl who wanted to participate in the chaos while clinging to mama the whole time.

At the end of the day the kids had an awesome time and were spoiled with all the attention from appapa and ammama. Yohan was a high of being on a 24x7 playdate and Malaika, the only girl, basked in the limelight and love from her aunt, uncle, grandparents and cousins.

This was my first time alone with the kids on a flight, albeit a 1.5 hour trip. We had a few tears and threats and some pleading but overall things were okay and no one threw up.

Mamma had people-withdawal symtoms on her return but the handsome husband and the beautiful Fall colours have cheered her up considerably.

(embedded slideshow and video)



1 comment:

Hathi patani (the pea sized elephant) said...

Hi Susan,
Thanks for posting these pics and videos - cheered me up immensely after a tough mommy day - lovely to see all of you together - If I have to wait for Pia to send me pics, I will be waiting and waiting.... not that I can even tell her off now!! yikes...