I've told Ranjit that it's about time we gave up our gym membership. Well, he'd been suggesting we did anyway, but I finally saw the light yesterday. First, we have barely even driven by LA Fitness in several months. Second, maybe we could divert membership fees to a possible Wii Fit fund (hint! hint!). And, third, Yohan and I have been taking advantage of the summer and have been connecting with other moms and kids on long walks.
Like Ranjt said in his previous entry, Yohan seems to be a true-blooded Oregonion and loves being outdoors. So thanks to our three month old, I'm now exploring trails and parks that I'd never ventured on before. Today, our morning walk was with friends from church and in the afternoon we went to the neighborhood park with, well, our neighbors. Five miles and ouchy legs later I reached the conclusion about our gym membership.
Something about pushing a stroller and talking mom-sense along the way makes boring old exercise rather purposeful. And it beats counting minutes and miles on a treadmill for sure.
I hope that when the summer's over, we won't end up in play groups that meet at Mc Donald's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment