Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Early Morning Person

Susan is on duty during the night - waking up every 3-4 hours or so to feed the boy, burp him, change him, and put him back to bed. I'm fast asleep through all of this, getting my beauty rest. I finally stir around 5am or so during the early morning feed, and then I get charge of the little fella.

(Yes, yes, I know I got the better end of that deal!)

He's such an angel that time of day... wide awake, all smiles, totally happy to sit and look around and be amused. I put him on his crib and turn the mobile on, and his face just lights up as he sees those animals move around. One of our friends from church gave us an awesome projector-like device that attaches to the crib and projects a revolving bird scene on the ceiling - he loves to just look at that as well. (Thanks so much, Kim & Mark!)

He sure is the very definition of an early morning person. I've historically not been one to wake up early, but now I really look forward to my 1:1s with this little guy in the mornings. He's also starting to smile at Susan and I now - and not just at the walls and curtains. Very cool stuff.



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Woo-Hoo!
We got a shout-out on your blog! I feel like a celebrity. Or something.
You're very welcome for the "bird projector thingie" (I'm pretty sure that's the technical name.) So glad Yohan's enjoying it.

Tanya said...

what on earth is agooo or abu?? tanya & i were enjoying ranjit's sounds & him being a funny more than yohan.. =) dunno who was 'being d funny' in this video!! =) think this video has inspired me to speak full sentences of intelligible english to our kids from very early on!! don't want our kids first word to be 'AGOOOOOOOOO"!!! hehe =)

u guys seem to be doing a gr8 job.. yohan looks super comfy & happy! keeep going!

=)
ajit